Application due: 2019-12-13
Reporting to the Global CEO, the Plant Manager is responsible for all activities related to plant operations (production, maintenance, quality and tooling) and is responsible for human resources and purchasing departments. The candidate must ensure that he meets the established operational objectives.
Benefits of joining us:
* A growing company with an expansion project from October 2019
* Human values where advocates, integrity, respect, agility, commitment and creativity
* Competitive working conditions
* A location on the North Shore
Summary of specific responsibilities
- Directs all the activities under his responsibility by ensuring that the established objectives are attained and that they are comprehensively monitored.
- Establishes strategies to optimize activities and achieve established objectives in terms of performance, profitability, quality and health and safety.
- Prepares monthly and annual operating budgets and control expenses.
- Coordinates activities between different sectors.
- Manages contracts for unionized employees (with HR support).
- Supports new product integration and continuous improvement activities.
- Supports the implementation of standards and manufacturing processes in collaboration with quality and process departments.
- Ensures the quality of all production according to customer specifications (internal / external) – IATF and ISO standards.
- Coaches directors, supervisors and team members.
- Develops and maintains an effective and engaged management team.
- Creates a good team spirit and collaboration within departments.
- See to the application and the respect of the regulations / policies of the company.
- Ensures perfomance reviews are completed.
- Ensures training and proper resources are allocated and cross training is completed.
- Determines, in collaboration with the members of the executive committee, the establishment of the organizational objectives of the company.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance health and safety standards and regulations.
- Ensures compliance to all Environmental risks and impacts.
PURCHASING and MATERIAL MANAGEMENT
- Performs inventory monitoring (including raw materials, components and finished products).
- Uses the ERP (INFOR) system for inventory movements and component tracking.
- Performs various production capacity analyzes taking into account the needs of customers.
- Ensure that all supplier contracts are updated and executed.
- Ensure supplier price reductions to achieve global and local cost targets.
2 to 3 per year for international travelling
Human resource / employee management
Number of direct reports : 7 Number of indirect reports : approximatly 140
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations management or related training
- 10 to 15 years of experience in a management position in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in automotive Industry
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in a high-speed automated environment (asset)
- Experience with an ERP system
- Knowledge of IATF standards, quality and health & safety
- Good computer skills and advanced Excel proficiency
- Knowledge and mastery of Lean and 5S tools
Essential skills required
- Bilingualism (French/English) - German, Spanish or Mandarin would be an asset.
- Leadership skills (mobilising leader)
- Excellent communication
- Show agility and flexiblitiy
- Technical skill
- Strategic sense and global vision
- Priority management and sense of urgency
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Organization and structure
Do you have a good strategic vision, are results-oriented and have a good mobilizing spirit? Send us your CV now for the Plant Manager position. Many beautiful professional challenges are available to you!