Application due: 2020-10-16
Summary of responsibilities:
- Performs preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance on production equipment and related components.
- Receives the first call when machine breakdowns happen and must promptly put them back in operation.
- Provides ongoing technical support to the operation department.
- Insures automated equipment parts installation, modifications, repairs or replacements when needed.
- Plans shut downs to change and repair parts.
- Analyzes equipment failures, repairs and refurbishment.
- Reads and understands hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical plans.
- Understands geometric dimensional tolerances.
- Participates in processes and equipment improvement.
- Participates in failure diagnostic and tooling maintenance.
- Maintains production automated components, CNC’s, robots and PLC’s.
- Participates in production tooling maintenance.
- Participates in new projects implementation by joining multidisciplinary teams work sessions.
- Completes all documentation required at his/her workstation.
Qualifications and requirements:
- College degree (DEC) in mechanical maintenance, mechanical engineering, automation and instrumentation or degree of vocational studies (DEP) in automated systems electro-mechanic, industrial mechanic or in instrumentation and control.
- Completion of high-school education is mandatory.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of hydraulic systems (essential)
- Good mechanical, electrical and automated systems knowledge
- Comprehension of metal forming processes (asset)
- Electrical license C (asset)
- At ease in an environment where there are strict quality assurance standards (essential)
- Siemens PLC programming (asset)
- Experience with ABB robots and CNC
Essential Skills required:
- Functional French and English
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Priority management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Organized and structured
- Team work and collaboration
Available for working on three shifts and during weekends if needed (flexibility is essential)
* Possibility of promotion, training and development.
* Environment based on safety, teamwork, mutual assistance and respect.
* On the lookout for new trends and latest technologies.
* Highly automated environment, state of the art equipment.